This guide explains Hot-Desking and how to activate it within the Smart PBX app. Hot-Desking allows users to mascarade as different devices from 1 phone using a feature code and Hot Desk ID number.
Example uses for Hot-Desking include: Multiple employees using 1 phone at different times during the day, different employees assuming reception responsibilities, unassigned desks where employees play musical chairs, or running multiple entities from a single device.
- Login to Platform (http://manage.hostedphone.co/)
- Once logged in, locate the Apps at the top Right of the page
- Click on the Smart PBX App
- Click on the Users tab to the left of the page
- Click on User Features of the user you want to setup the Hot-Desking feature for
- Click on the Hot-Desking
- Press the switch to Enable Hot-Desking
- Enter a Hotdesk ID (Must Be Unique)
8a. For extra security you can assign the Hot-Desk a pin number but this is not required
8b. Checking the Allow login at multiple devices allows multiple logins for employees
- Press Save Changes and Hot-Desking will be enabled
Now, simply dial the feature code *11, enter in the Hot-Desk ID (and PIN). To log-out dial *12.